Monday, May 6, 2013

All Three Again

     This weekend my partner and I bought a small travel trailer. A cute little thing for hitting the road with without having to stay in a motel with our three dogs. After we towed it home, we needed some help pushing it into our driveway, so my partner called our son-in-law, and he and his dad came and within seconds, our adorable trailer was perfectly situated close to the house, right where we wanted it. 
I felt extremely grateful. Anyway, this son-in-law and dad are the main human characters in Stella. I realized that I want to continue working on this graphic novel for them.

Stella about to be captured

     As my partner and I plan our road trips with the travel trailer, it dawns on me that I don't want to work on Donkey and Stella since they are now on computer. Instead I guess I'll be working on St. Nicholas. Looks like I'll, once again, be working on all three! There's a reason I named this blog Restless Boots.
     Stella is a wordless graphic novel. As I began drawing it out from the beginning, I noticed how well the images told the story. One of my favorite wordless graphic novels is Robot Dreams by Sara Varon. With gorgeous line and subtle color, Sara tells the story of friendship and the struggle to keep it.






No comments:

Post a Comment