Sunday, June 16, 2013

Still There

    I went outside tonight to move the car back into our parking space in front of the house (evidently there was a Father's Day event at the nearby community center, so when I'd returned from shopping, our parking space was occupied). Anyway, the best way to handle living under a first quarter moon is to lie low. Don't make any major decisions. Probably not a good time to start a new project. So, I spent hours on the spinning wheel yesterday and continued today. As I said, I went outside to move the car, and there it was sharp and symmetrical--the first quarter moon. It hadn't changed much overnight, yet I feel great.
     Sometimes when I'm feeling unsettled and not too great, it helps to read a little bit of Lynda Barry's What It Is. This book, which explores creativity, is equally unsettling and accepting of everything that one is.


No comments:

Post a Comment