Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First Day

Today was the first day of school in Berkeley, and now I know I'm retired! I didn't have to spend an extra week setting up my room without extra pay. I didn't have to fret over my new class list. I didn't have to GEAR UP at all!


Instead, I carded fleece, making several batts, watched "Damages", fiddled with my sauerkraut, and played banjo--in particular "Night Rider's Lament". I like both Jerry Jeff Walker's and Nanci Griffith's  version. Of course, I do wonder who Black Jim is...




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh---live it up Sarita! Galen and I saw Julia Beers heading towards MX on her bike last week to start setting up her classroom. Of course, I had no idea that they didn't pay you for that(!) I bet it would have been a bit awkward setting up when the kids showed up instead.

    Sounds like your retirement is treating you pretty well so far! ;-) Glad the move seems to have worked well too.

    cheers!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's amazing how much overtime teachers put in! But working to rule is real difficult. And, yes, retirement ROCKS! Thanks for your encouragement (and help) with our big move!

    ReplyDelete