Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back to the Salt Mines

     Well, Spring Break is over, and I'm back at school. Fortunately, I love my class of second-graders, so going back is not too horrible. What going back to work means for my graphic novels is that I don't have long stretches of time to devote to them. During the week, I only spend 30 minutes on the comics when I get home. Yeah, I know--it's not much. But I just keep plugging away at it. Since the beginning of last school year, I've managed to finish 160 cells of the Donkey in the Garden book, just by working a half hour a day, longer on weekends.
     The great thing about going back to school is our school library. Because our librarian purchases as many graphic novels as she can, there's always some great graphic novels to read, like this one: Little White Duck--A Childhood in China, written by Na Liu and illustrated by her husband Andres Vera Martinez. A beautiful book.


No comments:

Post a Comment