Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eeking out little bits

     The great thing about being an elementary school teacher is that you learn to be productive within short spaces of time. This did not come naturally to me. When I was a first-year teacher, I felt like I finished nothing! I would spend too much time planning, too much time explaining, too much time deciding, too much time worrying. As the years passed, I learned how to streamline and preserve my energy. This, in turn, helped me give up some control so that the students could own their own learning. 
     Anyway, this all comes in handy when I'm working on the graphic novels for minutes each day. I surprise myself by how easily I know which cell should come next, and I'm able to make lightning quick decisions about composition. It's all just flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment