Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Home Sick

     Started catching a cold yesterday at school. Not surprising...my kids've been dropping like flies from flu and strep, and of course, no matter how many tissues and hand sanitizer I set out strategically around the classroom, those little fingers just somehow wind up in their noses and mouths. 
     I can't say that I'm disappointed being home from work. After treating myself to a hot bath and ginger-laden chicken soup, I'm happy as a clam working on Donkey, and I'm even feeling better. 



     I've also had some time to go through my bookshelves, finding my favorite graphic novels. When I buy graphic novels, I usually don't go past the artwork. I know...sad...because I know I'm missing some great stories (and it has occurred to me that someone just might not get past my artwork). Anyway, it's the quality of line that pulls me in. And once pulled in, if the story is just as compelling, I'm in love! Here's a couple of my favorites:




     And after reading the graphic novel Laika by Nick Abadzis, I cried and cried.



No comments:

Post a Comment