Sunday, May 11, 2014

Works for Me

Once I've written and sketched in my journal, I then draw and redraw a page with nonphoto blue, as accurately and honestly as I can.


I also find that I have difficulty working on any of the graphic novels without something to listen to. When I'm working on the computer with Stella and Donkey , I'm hooked up to headphones, listening to my playlist (an eclectic list ranging from Aretha Franklin gospel to banda with Julian Alvarez) or old timey and reggae on Pandora Radio. 

However, when I'm working on the teaching book, I actually listen to dharma talks from the San Francisco Zen Center. I think this works for me because meditation and practicing a big picture view of human life is very healing for me. This teaching graphic novel retraces my life as an artist and teacher, and the mere writing and drawing of this autobiography is also healing for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment