Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sheep

I'm thinking of sheep these days. Particularly tunis sheep. I don't know much about this breed of sheep, but when I first saw a small flock in Utah, I fell in love. 


Oh, yeah...as you may remember from my profile, I'm a spinner. Drawing fills me with agitation (some day soon, I will explore why this is so), but spinning is pure relaxation! I love spinning so much I want to have my own tiny flock of three sheep. Just three! I've gone back and forth though. Sometimes, when I talk with sheep farmers, owning sheep seems like a whole lot of work. At other times, it's just the kind of work I want to do!

This is one of those times. When we told our four-year-old grandson that we were eventually moving to the desert and that he will be visiting us every summer, he declared that he will be a desert farmer and have chickens and sheep, cows, and horses, and live there with his brother (who, by the way, doesn't exist) and his partner. Suddenly, I knew I was going to own sheep. I realized I would work like the dickens for our little desert farmer!


I spun this merino and mohair single.

No comments:

Post a Comment