Sunday, May 25, 2014

Re-Birthday

Today, May 25, is Susan's Re-Birthday! A very important holiday for us--because three years ago today Susan underwent her bone marrow transplant that gave her more years of life beyond the initial prognosis. That time was an excruciatingly difficult one for us, yet it was quite magical at the same time. Might have something to do with being in such proximity to the possibility of death and having to think about life after crossing over, imagining existence where there seems to be none. Yep, that's magic.


In honor of this holiday, I decided to work on the Donkey in the Garden. I've really missed working on it. Took a while for me to find exactly where I was in the story, but eventually I found my place--the time when the machine for maintaining Susan's blood circulation went on the blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment