Sunday, June 15, 2014

Apprentice

Finished inking this page for the teaching graphic novel.


Watching the World Cup soccer games really does help absorb my agitation. Today the French played a great game against Honduras. Final score 3-0.



The best time for me to read is while taking a bath. Except when I'm meditating, that's really the only time I'm not doing anything else. So today in the tub I read all of Gene Luen Yang's Saints. While reading this well-told story of a horrific time in Chinese history, I was paying close attention to Gene's craft. I noticed he used mostly flat values, simple shadow,  and black.



I thought I'd try my hand at this. I found that this method is easier of course than shading every little thing. The last cell I'm happiest with. By the time I reached that cell, I was already working more fluidly. Still, I feel clumsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment