Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reggae and Soccer



Worked a bit on Stella this evening. Hooked up to headphones. Am on a reggae jag these days. I switch between Pandora stations of Jimmy Cliff, Peter Tosh, Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley, and Dr. Ring Ding. I'm leaning more toward the ska station and managed to buy a Hepcat song called "Marcus Garvey". My next purchases will most likely be Barrington Levy and Bobby Babylon.


I've also been catching a game or two of the Copa Mundial. Today there was a close game between the U.S. and Portugal, including a tying goal with less than 5 minutes to go in the match! A couple days ago (I think it was a couple days ago; the days are beginning to blend together) I caught a glimpse of the Argentina VS Iran game. Wow! Iran played really well (of course, until Messi scored the winning goal). I received a post from Marjane Satrapi stating how pleased she was with Iran's game. Cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment