Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Path and Saints

Found this Andy Warhol quote posted on my Facebook. I need reminders like this because I tend to work in isolation--it's just between me, the story, and my visual honesty. It feels like there's a path I'm following, and every once in a while I stop and listen to others' visual honesty. I can take it or leave it. But what is certain is that I must continue on this art path.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done.
Let everybody else decide if it's good or bad,
whether they love it or hate it.
While they are deciding, make even more art."


At our school we have a Summer Reading Program during which students read a certain amount over the summer, and as a reward they get to enjoy a pizza party come September. To encourage them to read, parents and teachers donate books--TONS of books! Students shop for a free book of their choice. A volume of Gene Luen Yang's book Saints hadn't been snatched up yet, so...well...I had to take it! I wonder if I can convince a kid to give me Yang's book Boxers?



No comments:

Post a Comment