Saturday, June 7, 2014

Something's in the Works

Went to see our grandson's first karate demonstration with Destiny Arts. He was in the Little Tigers' group for 3-5 year olds. Adorable! While there, I ran into a former student who told me that she's looking forward to coming to my party with other former students in tow. I nodded and smiled without any idea of what she was talking.

After the demonstration, our family went out to lunch to celebrate our 4-year-old's accomplishment. Before our food came, I invited him to my last day of school popsicle party. Susan gave me a disapproving look and informed me that something might be happening at that time on that day. Then she looked away. Okay. I'm guessing there's gonna be a surprise party for my retirement from teaching.  If there's one thing that makes me more agitated than drawing, it's a surprise party. 


Got home and right away started working on this page. A parent of one of my current students brought  Susan and me a complete home-made dinner he'd cooked. The generosity of students, staff, and parents at my school is unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment